Medical Courses like MBBS, BDS, and PG in both private and government medical requires a National eligibility cum entrance test which is conducted by Central Board of secondary Education (CBSE) in various parts of India.
The duration of the exam will be for 3 hours.
Application form is supposed to be released in the last week of December and can be submitted till 4th week of January, the exact dates are yet to be disclosed.
Parents and students should know that these dates are purely speculative and can be changed accordingly, any further changes will be updated here.
NEET Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
In NEET Syllabus 2018 Question paper will consist of total 180 Multiple Choice Questions with one correct answer from physics, chemistry and biology. For every correct answer candidates will be granted with 4 points and for every incorrect answer, 1 point will be deducted.
For a question left unanswered, no marks will be deducted.
|Subject||No. of Question||
Marks per question
- Minimum Age for applying for the exam is at least 17 years as on before 31st December 2018.
- Maximum Age to apply must be less than 25 years (for unreserved candidates) and 30 years (for SC, ST, OBC).
- To apply for NEET, a candidate should be at least a 12th class qualified or equivalent.
- Subjects studied at 12th class level should include Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English.
- Students appearing in 12th standard are also eligible to apply for the exam.
Marks Requirement: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), candidate should obtain at least 50% marks for GEN, whereas for general-PH, the requirement is 45% marks while for SC/ST and OBC, the requirement is 40%.
Filling application form involves 4 simple and short steps.
Starting from filing the form to taking print out, every step is important and needs to be done with caution.
Application form is accepted in online mode only and thus leaves one with enough time to think and enter the right information. One can visit the official website, i.e. cbseneet.nic.in to fill the form.
Second step involves uploading Photograph/Thumb impression and Signature. After the second step is completed, payment option arrives. Payment can be done either offline or online. Fees for the application form till last year was Rs 1,400/- for UR and OBC, while for SC/ST and PH Rs.750/- are charged. This year’s application fee might vary from the last year’s.
- Nationality: To apply for NEET, an applicant must be Indian National or Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) or Foreign National.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: NEET 2018 aspirants from J&K/AP/Telangana shall be entitled to an all India 15% quota only if they submit self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirements: Indian Nationals must produce Aadhaar Number details and fill the 18 digit number in the space while filling the application form.
Dress Code :
Just like every year, this year too dress code for NEET 2018 is going to be as strict as earlier, the conducting body strictly adheres to the dressing code and therefore if possible, wear:
(a) Light clothes with half sleeves without big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser.
(b) wear open Slippers, sandals with low heels (no shoes) while giving NEET 2018.
MBBS Abroad :
The chances are that students willing to study mbbs from abroad will too have to pass NEET from next year, as this exam allows the authorities to test basic medical knowledge of students before admitting them in any university.
As the government aims at improving the quality of education thus it becomes necessary for them to scrutinise every candidate before sending them abroad, as these candidates represent our country.